Wednesday, April 26, 2006

another update for my fans


Attended the Main Street Arts Festival: enjoyed it. Saw Michelle's works and also the works of one of my favorite artists, Laura Beamer. http://www.laurabeamer.com
Plan to attend the Denton Arts and Jazz Festival this weekend. http://www.dentonjazzfest.com
Plan to attend the Wildflower Festival in Richardson next month. http://www.wildflowerfestival.com where I intend to see Joan Jett perform. WOOHOO!!
We are taking advantage of the freedom allowed us by joining the DVR world and enjoy the opportunity to "freeze time."
I am in the process of rescuing yet another stray dog. Name is Joe. Please give a shout if anyone is interested. He's a black and tan shepherd mix, probably less than a year old, maybe 35-40 lbs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a student who is interested. Her family had to put a golden lab to sleep this week because of a tumor and their other dog, an Australian shepherd is really grieving. She is going to ask her Dad tonight.

Steve said...

Now that's what I call putting your blog to good use. Hope "Dad" agrees to let Joe in.

Sounds like you're going to have a lot to blog about in the coming days, weeks and months, Meliss. Hope you'll keep us fans updated.

I'll want to hear what your assessment of the Viking draft, too. Who are you hoping to get?

akid said...

I'm hoping just to get our pick in on time. If we can master that, I'll be thrilled. I will try to muster up a separate post to further my thoughts...both pre and post draft.

Anonymous said...

wish i was there...the last real festival i was at was a craw-dad festival in biloxi, MS...it was kinda messy and lovely.
as for 'akid's animal rescue' (i think that is what you should call it...perhaps a little signage for your car door...maybe even a ball cap too) keep up the good work!
p.s. Finntastic turned two yesterday and sends kisses.

akid said...

kisses right back to Finney AND his mommy.