Saturday, February 18, 2006

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAACK!

When I haven't been blogging, I have been:



  • searching for angry break-up lyrics (*see below) in support of a friend of mine who is surviving a break-up
  • rescuing dogs at midnight in the middle of nowhere with my dad and then lying to the police in order to find them a place to stay

  • scavenging for bargains at First Mondays in Cantonhttp://www.firstmondaycanton.com
  • hosting my parents and showing them a good time
  • investigating child abuse and neglect
  • trying on Western Wear
  • watching Curling and American Idol http://www.idolonfox.com
  • loving my girlfriend
  • planning our vacation (to the Grand Canyon)
  • and doing my chores.


*
The Last Song I Will Ever Write About a Girl
Broken heart again today...
The flowers that I gave to you have withered all away.
Just when I opened up my heart
The one you used to love came and ripped it right apart.
Why do I never seem to learn?
That love is wrong and girls are fucking evil.
I guess I'll never figure out what womankind is all about.
I heard your voice again today
I'm scarred by all the lies that were once promises you'd made.
I lie in bed awake at night and wonder what went wrong
or even more just what went right.

9 comments:

Maria Jose said...

i know of a break-up song in spanish about a gypsy woman who gets pregnant by the moon so when the baby is born with really white skin her gypsy husbang kills her thinking she cheated on her.
and i think i have problens!

Steve said...

Mari is washing dishes now but she wants you all to know that:
a) she knows how to spell "husband"
b) she knows how to spell "problem"
and c) she meant to write "cheated on him".
I would also like to add that she's real good lookin'.

lisa said...

speaking of good looking . . . how 'bout the cowgirl in this pic? very lovely. i think we're getting ready to go country.

Steve said...

Great pic indeed. And it's good to have you back.

Anonymous said...

so very happy you are back. as for breakup songs and sticking with the country vein...check out steve earle's version of 'more than i can do'.

akid said...

checked out the Steve Earle song, not bad...but I don't want her to kill herself...I want her to realize she is better off. I'm looking for "i always knew you'd break my heart..now I can't wait for someone to break yours...and if they break your neck too, that woud be okay. I'm mad. You suck. I'm moving on."

akid said...

why does "would" need the damn "l" anyway.

Steve said...

Jealousy, probably. You know: "If should has one, I want one, too." That kind of thing.

ervierto said...

Dig the hat.